March 16, 2020
Dear SVEConnect customers
As your electric cooperative and broadband provider, we are stewards of critical infrastructure. Our number one priority is the safety, health and well-being of our members, employees and the greater community.
In response to growing concerns surrounding the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we must temporarily change the way we function:
- Starting Tuesday, March 17, all SVEC, SVEConnect and SV Propane lobbies will be closed until further notice. Drive-thru windows will remain open during regular business hours.
- Our call centers will continue to answer calls 24/7; our websites, at www.svalleyec.com and www.sveconnect.com, drop-boxes and the SVEC app are available 24/7.
- The Whitwell office will be CLOSED until further notice.
- We recognize this event may cause financial hardships so we will be working with those impacted to help ease the burden and to provide extra time for recovery.
- We are a 24/7/365 organization providing critical services. We have a detailed Emergency Response Plan in place to ensure readiness of business-critical functions should COVID-19 become prevalent in our service area.
Unfortunately, in times like these, scammers are targeting our customers. SVEC will never:
- Call and threaten disconnection;
- Demand immediate payment with a prepaid card;
- Show up at your home and request access indoors;
- Ask for sensitive data, like banking information, through email or phone.
This is a fast-moving situation, and we recognize that many individuals and families have been impacted deeply by these events. As the situation evolves, we are committed to being responsive to the needs of our members, employees and communities.
We’re here to help. If you have questions about your electric, broadband or propane service, call us 24/7/365 at (423) 837-8605.